BRIEF: CSUF hosts iCare Fun Run this weekend

In order to promote health and community, Titan Recreation will be hosting the third -annual iCare Fun Run this weekend.

The event will be taking place this Saturday on the Cal State Fullerton campus. Check-in for the event begins at 7:15 a.m.

It features a 5K run/walk, youth 1K and pancake breakfast after the event at the Student Recreation Center (SRC). The 5K will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the youth 1K will start at 8:45 a.m.

The iCare Fun Run is the final event of the campus’ Earth Week activities. All participants will receive an event T-shirt and complimentary use of the SRC after the event.

Registration for the event is open to students, faculty, staff and members of the Orange County community. Student registration is $15, SRC member registration is $18 and all other interested participants will pay $20. For the youth 1K event, registration is $10 for children 14 and under.

“The iCare Fun Run is not only a fun campus event … but a great event for the community as well,” said Scott MacLeod, Membership and Guest Services Coordinator. “The fun run course takes you all over campus, so it is an opportunity to explore Cal State Fullerton in a very unique way.”

For more information or to register for the event, visit ASI.Fullerton.edu/iCareFestival or contact Macleod at (657) 278-3978.

About Justin Enriquez

Outside of being a rockstar, Justin Enriquez did not know what he wanted to do with his life until journalism came along. It was when he found journalism did he realize his true passion in life. Now years later, he finds himself just months away from graduation and is primed and ready to stake his claim on the sports journalism field. Enriquez has served an entire school-year term as Sports Editor in Mt. San Antonio College’s newspaper The Mountaineer and is currently serving his second semester as the Daily Titan Sports Editor. His interests include basketball, mixed martial arts, music, and clothing. His dream job is to work for ESPN, but is always willing to explore other options as he has always been proud of how he can adapt to writing for any other section of the newspaper.