DAY 2: BUSINESS MADNESS WEEK

Feature_WEB

ROBERT HUSKEY / Daily Titan

Business Madness Week, a series of events for business students, continued Tuesday with the Business Career Expo at the Titan Student Union.

The College of Business and Economics event, hosted by the Business Inter-Club Council and the Career Center, was aimed toward providing students with an opportunity to learn about different business industries and opportunities. 

The event held representatives from almost 80 different companies recruiting new hires or interns. 

Businesses present at the event included Target, the Federal Depost Insurance Corporation, Sherwin Williams, Sharp and Walgreens. 

Krystyl Nottage, Career Center marketing, social media and event specialist, said student feedback has been positive.

According to Nottage, the Business Career Expo helps narrow down options for both employers and students because the companies target business students.

Nottage said Maria Valdivia-Pellkofer, a Career Center business specialist, has a really strong database of employers that have been working with the career center for a long time. 

Students at the event were encouraged to build a network and immerse themselves in planning for their future. 

Business Madness runs until Thursday in the Titan 

About Yvette Quintero

Yvette Quintero is in her third and final year at Cal State Fullerton. She has been a part of the Daily Titan for four semesters, as news assistant and as features editor. As editor in chief, she wants to ensure the Daily Titan becomes the number one source of information for the CSUF community. After graduation, Yvette hopes to work in the communications department of a non-profit organization based in New York or Washington, D.C.