BRIEF: Costa Mesa man sets himself on fire

A man is recovering from third-degree burns he suffered after setting himself on fire following an argument with his estranged wife at Creative Nails & Spa in Costa Mesa, according to the Orange County Register.

After the couple argued, the man sat in a puddle of liquid in the middle of the floor, a customer of the salon said.

The man then proceeded to light himself on fire as the customer called the fire department.

The salon owner’s brother used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames, while employees used towels to help stop the flames.

A customer said the man is the store owner’s husband and that the couple is going through a divorce.

A representative for the Costa Mesa police department called the situation a domestic dispute.

The inside of the salon had minor damage from the incident, police said.

About Kristen Cervantes

Krissy is finally graduating this semester from Cal State Fullerton. She is majoring in communications/print journalism and is excited to be an editor for the first time after spending two semesters on the Daily Titan staff. When she's not at home chasing her 20-month-old daughter around, she enjoys shopping and going to Disneyland with her husband and family. After graduation, she hopes to land a job with a magazine or newspaper and eventually have a successful career as an editor and columnist.