Anaheim teen dies from stabbing attack

A 19-year-old man died Sunday after being stabbed in what police believe was a gang-related incident in Anaheim, according to the Orange County Register.

The man, who will not be named until police notify his family, was listed in stable condition Saturday at UCI Medical Center in Orange, said Police Sgt. Bob Dunn.

The victim was stabbed after two men got out of a car and asked about his gang affiliation. The men and 19-year-old then became involved in an altercation. The victim was stabbed twice.

Police arrived on the scene at the 2400 block of West Ball Road after receiving a call Saturday at 11:53 p.m.

The incident occurred while the victim was walking with a group of 12 people. Witnesses were able to provide descriptions of the assailants and vehicle to police.

A homicide investigation has been opened by police while the assailants are still at large.

About Kristen Cervantes

Krissy is finally graduating this semester from Cal State Fullerton. She is majoring in communications/print journalism and is excited to be an editor for the first time after spending two semesters on the Daily Titan staff. When she's not at home chasing her 20-month-old daughter around, she enjoys shopping and going to Disneyland with her husband and family. After graduation, she hopes to land a job with a magazine or newspaper and eventually have a successful career as an editor and columnist.