Four dead, 2 wounded in shooting rampage

Police chased a man suspected of killing four people and wounding two others across Orange County early Tuesday morning.

Ali Syed, 20, was identified by authorities as the suspect of the murders. Syed took his own life after being pulled over by police, according to the Orange County Register.

Loud noises were heard from Syed’s parents’ home in Ladera Ranch at 4 a.m. At around 4:45 a.m., a woman, who is yet to be identified, was murdered before Syed fled in his parents’ black SUV heading north.

Around 5:10 a.m., Tustin police responded to reports of a car theft where a witness was wounded. There, officers found the black SUV that was registered to Syed’s parents, the car he presumably escaped in.

Another carjacking was reported near the 55 freeway along Village Way, where Syed is suspected of killing the driver of a BMW before taking the vehicle.

Police searched the area for the armed suspect but eventually received reports of an armed gunman near Edinger and Newport Avenues who shot two people, one wounded and one dead.

Syed is then believed to have stolen a utility vehicle and traveled along the 55 freeway before being stopped by the police near Wanda and Katella in Orange. Syed then killed himself with a shotgun that was later retrieved at the scene.

“I killed somebody,” he allegedly told one of his victims, according to police. “Today is my last day.”

Syed was unemployed and attended Saddleback College, according to police.

Police Chief Scott Jordan said the motive behind the killings is not yet clear.

About Adrian Garcia

Adrian Garcia is entering his third year at CSUF, and his third or so semester at the Daily Titan. He spends the majority of his time researching and updating his fantasy football team while occasionally finding time to write. After graduation, he plans to move to New York and fulfill his dream of working for GQ.