Jenni Rivera plane found in crash

Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera is believed to have been killed in a small plane crash from northern Mexico Sunday, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The plane disappeared just moments after its departure in Monterey. It was found in the mountains Nuevo Leon, just a short distance from the airport.

According to Mexican officials, none of the six other passengers survived.

Rivera, 43, is a Long Beach native and a star in Mexico. Her fans knew her as “la diva de la banda.” Rivera was famous for her Mexican regional music styles, banda and norteno.

Rivera also starred in her own reality show, I Love Jenni, shown on cable channel Mun2. The singer and reality television star also had a radio program, as well as a clothing and cosmetics lines.

Rivera has recently won two Billboard Mexican music awards and has sold 1.2 million albums and 349,000 digital tracks.

About Kymberlie Estrada

Kym is in, what she hopes, is her final year at Cal State Fullerton. She is majoring in Journalism and minoring in Radio-TV-Film. While she’s not running around in circles in the newsroom, she’s probably on a long distance run outdoors. She hopes to one day strut the streets of New York in her all black attire and 5 inch heels working for an elite fashion magazine. An apple is all it takes to make her day. So give her one. Fuji, preferably.