Online buying rises

Cyber Monday deals have begun early this year to match early Black Friday sales.

Cyber Monday is expected to siphon $1.5 billion in sales, compared to the $1.3 billion in 2011, according to CNN.

“Black Friday deals are no longer just for the (brick-and-mortar) store, and Cyber Monday deals are no longer just for Monday,” Jay Henderson, strategy director for IBM Smarter Commerce, told CNN.

Retailers such as Apple and MAC Cosmetics staggered deals over the Thanksgiving weekend, and “finally the big bang to close it out on Cyber Monday,” he said.

A two-thirds increase of consumers, compared to 2011, have opted to use mobile devices when purchasing online Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.

The Appe iPad contributed to nearly 10 percent of online shopping traffic on this past Friday. The iPhone made up about 9 percent while Androids made up 5.5 percent.

About Kymberlie Estrada

Kym is in, what she hopes, is her final year at Cal State Fullerton. She is majoring in Journalism and minoring in Radio-TV-Film. While she’s not running around in circles in the newsroom, she’s probably on a long distance run outdoors. She hopes to one day strut the streets of New York in her all black attire and 5 inch heels working for an elite fashion magazine. An apple is all it takes to make her day. So give her one. Fuji, preferably.