Hondas pretty in pink

Japanese car maker Honda has released a new model of the Honda Fit targeted towards female drivers, according to CNN.

The new car, named “She’s,” is furnished with pink features, such as seats with pink stitching. “She’s” also highlights a windshield and air conditioning system that caters to a woman’s delicate skin.

This marketing strategy was last tried in the 1950s when Dodge launched the “La Femme” vehicle, which was also painted pink and had a compartments for lipstick and a purse.

Honda’s “She’s” air conditioning claims to help prevent dry skin. The company also says that the windshield blocks more ultraviolet rays compared to other makes, and that the body’s color is meant to match a woman’s eyeshadow.

Although a precise number has not been disclosed, Honda makers note that “She’s” is exceeding sales expectations.

About Kymberlie Estrada

Kym is in, what she hopes, is her final year at Cal State Fullerton. She is majoring in Journalism and minoring in Radio-TV-Film. While she’s not running around in circles in the newsroom, she’s probably on a long distance run outdoors. She hopes to one day strut the streets of New York in her all black attire and 5 inch heels working for an elite fashion magazine. An apple is all it takes to make her day. So give her one. Fuji, preferably.