Former campaign rivals set to share quiet lunch

Newly re-elected President Barack Obama will convene with former rival candidate Mitt Romney for the first post election meeting Thursday, according the Washington Post.

The private lunch will take place in the White House’s private dining room, free of press coverage.

Romney’s bitter comments that Obama won presidency because of the “gifts” the president provided to blacks, Hispanics and young voters has decreased Romney supporters.

Although there is no formal agenda for the sit-down, White House spokesman Jay Carney said Obama was looking forward to having a “useful discussion” with Romney.

The private lunch is expected to be their “most extensive private meeting ever,” according to the Washington Post.

During Romney’s stay in Washington, he will also meet with his former running mate Paul Ryan.

Since his loss in the Nov. 6 election, Romney has “virtually disappeared” from politics, made no public appearances and spent much time with his family instead.

About Kymberlie Estrada

Kym is in, what she hopes, is her final year at Cal State Fullerton. She is majoring in Journalism and minoring in Radio-TV-Film. While she’s not running around in circles in the newsroom, she’s probably on a long distance run outdoors. She hopes to one day strut the streets of New York in her all black attire and 5 inch heels working for an elite fashion magazine. An apple is all it takes to make her day. So give her one. Fuji, preferably.